When I think of the Aura (Human Energy Field), I visualize an area surrounding the physical body roughly an arm’s length all the way around. Unless you’re really in tune with outside energies, it’s hard to sense, can’t be seen, and is not visibly affected by touch. The Auric field is who we are before the physical body. It is at once easy and yet complex to understand. It feeds us via the Chakra system through to the physical, marking the areas of weakness or imbalance with symptoms of ill health and if unchecked, disease. It is so much a part of us, reflecting back our hurts, anger or love & compassion. It is like the air we breathe, taken for granted (we know it’s there) and hardly thought of.
“theories have revealed the aura to have a fluid or flowing state; to be comprised of different colors, therefore frequencies; to be permeable and penetrable; and to be magnetic in nature, although it also has electromagnetic properties. Other research has underscored these theories and expanded one additional element of the auric field: its connection to the inner sactum of the human being.” (The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy by Cyndi Dale)
Important Aspects of the Auric Field:-
- It holds our energetic bodies (emotional, mental, physical, spiritual & life force)
- It is a perfect replica of our physical body in layered form
- It is the outer layer of ourselves which coalesces into the physical being
- It holds on to our hopes and fears before they enter the physical body
- It holds disharmony & disease before entering the physical
- Its purpose is vitally linked to our overall well-being
- It’s present at birth and stays with us until the moment of death.
The auric field is a dynamic energy unit constantly in flux, pulsating and changing in colour with our moods, ideas and thought patterns. At birth, it uses all the memories of who we’ve ever been and who we intend to be in this lifetime and coalesces these divine energies it into a physical form. It supports the functioning of the endocrine system and by extension, hormonal activity. Energies flow through our aura into our physical body via the Chakra System, a set of energy hubs that nourish our organs with life-giving renewed energy. The chakras are a unique communication system between the aura and the physical body meaning that whatever is going on in the aura directly affects our bodily functions. “Through this process, the function of the physical body at any one time is dependent upon the activity of the chakras which in turn is dependent upon the energies of the subtle bodies” (Christine R. Page – Frontiers of Health).
When a supply of energy is disturbed somehow, the relating organ is deprived of life force and normal functioning deteriorates, eventually leading to disease. The disturbed flow affects our emotional and rational health as well as physical and spiritual. Illness and disease show up in our mind before manifesting in the physical, flowing into the chakras, through the auric field where signs and symptoms will make their appearance as messengers that an imbalance is taking place and ill health or disease will follow. More importantly, each chakra is associated with an endocrine gland and its respective hormones, which in turn flow directly into the bloodstream to nourish and vitalize our organs and cells.
List of glands associated with the chakras
1st Chakra (Root) Testes/Ovaries (reproductive glands)
2nd Chakra (Sacral) Adrenals
3rd Chakra (Solar Plexus) Pancreas
4th Chakra (Heart) Thymus
5th Chakra (Throat) Thyroid/parathyroid
6th Chakra (Third Eye) Pituitary/Hypothalamus
7th Chakra (Crown) Pineal
The chakras are a unique communication system between the aura and the physical body meaning that whatever is going on in the aura directly affects our bodily functions. When you balance your Chakras, you keep your life force, your vibration at a higher level.
“Thus, tensions in the body are seen to reflect tensions in the consciousness, and the chakras can be used as a vehicle to understand the Body Mind Interface and its implications for healing” Body Mirror System — The Brofman Foundation
The process is mind, auric field, physical
How does the Auric field affect our health?
- Disease sits in the auric field before hitting the physical
- It is dependent upon our mental process – negative vs. positive thinking
- It can be a fortress that keeps harmful energies at bay
- It supports and nourishes the Chakra system, which in turn feeds our Endocrine system
Not only is the aura communicating constantly with the physical body through our chakra system, it also allows for direct communication with the outside world. The first thing that comes to mind here, are first impressions or people that seem to have the power to attract attention. When a person repels us, one or more of the following could be at play:
- Feelings of anger/resentment/bitterness or jealousy emanating from that person
- An image emanating from within – a mirror of self-reflection.
- Sensing harmful or negative energies and wanting to stay clear.
Similarily, when we meet someone we are attracted to :
- Similar viewpoints and vibrational levels of awareness
- Again, a mirror of self reflection – what is it about them that we can turn around and see in ourselves.
- Sensing that knowledge is available as in the Teacher/Student relationship.
In this way, the aura is constantly sending messages to us about what’s going on inside and outside. It is important to remember that our magnetic power affects others in different ways as well.
Energy flows into and out of our energetic bodies from the ‘outside’ world, bringing back to us what we assume will come our way. Negative thoughts bring back negative aspects of our inner world and conversely positive thoughts bring back positive aspects. We bring in the state of our mind or mood. The aura is an enlightened mirror for ourselves. All we have to do is keep it polished and shining!
The Law of Attraction states:
“The law of attraction is the attractive, magnetic power of the Universe that draws similar energies together. It manifests through the power of creation, everywhere and in many ways. Even the law of gravity is part of the law of attraction. This law attracts thoughts, ideas, people, situations and circumstances”. (http://www.successconsciousness.com/law-of-attraction-definitions.htm)
How a strong auric field affects our everyday life:
- Allows for full manifestation
- Keeps harmful energies at bay
- Keeps the heart & mind in harmonious thought patterning
- Allows the transfer of healing energy more effectively
- Balances emotionality with self and others
- Maintains a quiet and focused mental state
- Maintains a well-charged physical body and life force energy
- Allows for a vibrant spiritual life; one thirsty for knowledge
If the energy/vibration is weak or blocked then life’s experiences will be hindered.
So, next time you take a breath, remember the auric field and breathe in good thoughts. Let the negativity slip away with every breath you take. Thoughts become things; think good ones!
See what we've been up to!